PV Exhibition Launch event Weds 3rd May, 6pm
Presenting: In Defense of Our Culture
The current attack on club culture and the night-time industry in East London is not an isolated issue. It is directly linked to the regeneration plans, started & carried out by the London Docklands Development Corporation, an agency created by Thatcher in the 1980s, which followed on from the earlier destruction of the Docks and which devastated their surrounding communities.
The fight for land and property in the East End of London is the common thread that links the disappearance of our creative networks & culture to a much bigger plan to clear London for the super rich.
Come and hear from the people who have led campaigns to save our clubs and community spaces.
- Bigger Than Fabric – Natalie Wainwright
- Reclaim Our Heritage by Winstan Whittar
Panel Discussion includes:
- Keith Riley - Fabric
- Winstan Whitter – The 4 Aces Club, Hackney
- Bill Parry Davies – Open Dalston
- Denise Chandler – Browns
- Michael Grieves – Sub Club the Arches
- David Hoffman – Photographer
- Eleanor – Passing Clouds TBC
- Focus E15 - TBC
Entry to all events are strictly by guest list only - To join guest list go to DICE page: here