Curated by Laura May Lewis of Hackney WickED
Have your say though creating your own protest slogan and communicate your message. Whether it’s on social media, by creating on your own placard or contributing to a Zine.
A day of talks, workshops and music
by artists, singer songwriters and community organisers.
Based on the propaganda schools of the 30’s, which created pamphlets on how to make your own banner and communicate your message. Hackney WickED invites you to a day of DIY rebellion.
Come listen to the talks, make your own protest banner with Aida Wilde from the Glorious House of Brag or contribute to a new edition of La Bouche Zine.
Talks and Workshops include:
Panel Discussion: History of Hackney WickED, DIY culture on sanitization and the Gentrification of Hackney Wick.
- Conrad Armstrong, Artist
- Aida Bragstar, Artist on Graffiti Art and Protest
- Laura May Lewis, Hackney WickED
- Nima Teranchi and Sara Kärpänen, Save Hackney Wick
- Joise De Muth, La Bouche Zine
- MORE TBC
- Print is Power workshop by Aida Wilde: MORE INFO HERE
- La Bouche Zine: Gentrify This: have a drink n make a zine : MORE INFO HERE
- Would you like to be involved in this project?
- Contact us at: email@example.com