The much-loved RED Market returns to its spiritual home of Shoreditch this summer for the sixth year running from 25th May until 28th August. RED Market will play host to an almighty array of the finest street food, art, and music, plus crazy golf, from names including Le Bao, XOYO, Junkyard Golf Club and Gavin Turk. With planning permission granted for the site and the rapid changes in the area, 2016 will explore a theme of ‘The Last Days Of Shoreditch’. A very limited number of advance entry tickets go sale Wednesday 4th May 2016 from www.lastdaysofshoreditch.co.uk.
For potentially the last summer at its current home, RED Market visitors will be able to sample the culinary delights from Yeah Burger, Crabbie Shack and more in a rotating line-up of London’s best street food. Also joining the event will be parties from promoters and clubs that have defined Shoreditch, such as Blue Note, Blah, Norman Jay, mullet over to keep revelers dancing deep into the summer nights. New for 2016 is the addition of RED Market’s very own crazy golf course, provided by the renegades behind Junkyard Gold Club. The nine-hole course titled ‘Café Del Par’ is a pun-filled nod to Ibiza, raising a smile with shots dubbed ‘Carl Crocs’ and ‘It’s All Gone Pete Thong’. Last but by no means least RED Market and the nearby RED Gallery are to collaborate on numerous art installations drawing on the talents of Gavin Turk, Ben Eine and much more.
Pre-dating the food market trend that has now swept the country, RED Market has grown naturally from humble origins to a much-lauded celebration of food, music, and art. 2016 is unfortunately what could be its last year, as the site has been granted planning permission for a luxury, five-star hotel. With this in mind, the head honchos at RED Market have decided to theme this year’s incarnation ‘The Last Days Of Shoreditch’ in homage to the previous years of partying that the market and visitors alike have enjoyed.
In a sport-laden summer, RED Market will also screen events including Euro Championship football, the Wimbledon final and both opening and closing ceremonies of the Rio Olympics. With space for groups and an atmosphere suitable for families also, RED Market will offer an alternative location to rowdier pubs to enjoy sports over the summer months.
Last Days of Shoreditch will open every Thursday and Friday 6 pm until 11:30 pm, Saturday from 4 pm – 11.30pm, situated on the corner of Old Street and Great Rivington Street. Thursday will see free entry whilst Friday and Saturdays entry is priced at £5. A limited number of 100 advance tickets will be on offer for £10 (including 1 drink) sale via www.lastdaysofshoreditch.co.uk. Tickets including entry and a game of crazy golf priced at£11 each will go on sale from 12 May.
Last Days of Shoreditch comes to London in 2016 via a new collaboration between Red Gallery and Rob Star of The Electric Star Group. Between them, the two forces bring to the table a formidable combination or arts and entertainment experience primed for perfect curation of this summer pop-up. Rob Star and his group currently preside over four pubs, The Star of Bethnal Green, The Star of Kings, Jackdaw and Star and The Star by Hackney Downs. Additionally Star has been involved in some of the nightlife’s biggest and coolest brands to date including mullet over, Eastern Electrics Festival, Circo Loco London and Tribal Gathering.
- We will have a constant rotation of some of the finest street food traders in London
- We have hand picked 15 traders for the summer (it’s a hard job trying all that lovely food!). Joining us for the first few weeks will be Le Bao, The Joint, Crabbieshack.
- JUNE FOOD TRADERS: HERE
- 5 bars across the site will ensure that you don’t go thirsty. Expect the best cocktails, local craft beers and slushy Margaritas for those super-hot days.
- The whole site has been curated by various East London artists. Check out work from Gavin Turk, Ben Eine and Stick rumor have it there is even a Banksy somewhere.
- Watch the European Championships Football Tournament on a massive LED Screen.
- We will have the biggest outdoor screen in East London (5m x 3m), showing all the big games, viewable on the site, you won’t need to jostle for space to get a good view.
- For further information please email Nicola in our booking office – email@example.com or call 0203 058 8030
- Fancy a quick 9 holes?
- Junkyard Golf Club have set up Cafe Del Par on our mezzanine level, so you can survey the site while you and your mates pretend your Nick Faldo.
For further information please email Nicola in our booking office – firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0203 058 8030
- Are you celebrating a special occasion?
- We have the perfect private areas for between 10 and 50 people. All our packages include entry and a bottle of tequila.
For more information email email@example.com or call 020 3058 8030
Last Days of Shoreditch website: HERE
To Buy Tickets: HERE
Red Market in conjunction with Electric Star Pubs will once again be hosting a summer street food market running from the end of May until the end of August, this iconic site has been hosting markets long before they became the height of cool! Entering their 6th year, they have grown organically from humble beginnings to a roadblocked celebration of food, music, and art.