Sunday, November 22, 2015 -
10:00 to 17:00
Greg Konrad is Red Gallery’s expert exhibition installer and he will hold a presentation and workshop on exhibition hanging on 22nd November 2015 as part of the Anti-University Now festival. Greg has been working with Red Gallery since its inception and during those 5 years of Red Gallery’s history, he has changed and installed hundreds of exhibitions in the gallery's various spaces. On numerous occasions and because of the invaluable experience he has gained at Red Gallery Greg has also been asked by artists to hang their exhibitions in other galleries such as Tate modern, Saatchi gallery, Barbican, Royal Festival Hall, Riverside studios, ICA, Candid Arts Center, PrintSpace, warehouses and other underground Art venues.
Presentation workshop will include the following:
- Packing Artwork for transport
- Loading in/ Load out Artwork handling
- Assessing the workload ahead: Task Scheduling & Decision Making
- Room preparation
- Introduction to frames and fittings: pros and cons
- Introduction to wall types
- How to work to a tight deadline
- Basic tools for improvisation: Bluff hanging
- Stress Management
- Framing the unfarmable, hanging the unchangeable
- Introduction to professional tools and how to use them
- Participants will work in groups to practice as they learn
If you would like to attend please reserve your place by sending an email to Greg at email@example.com
Red Gallery 1-3 Rivington Street, London EC2A 3DT
Doors open 10 am with the course beginning at 1 pm.
The fee is £10 on the door - pre-booking is advisable, fee includes tools and materials.
Antiuniversity NOW link HERE
FB event page HERE